X-TEND® stainless mesh fabric is a unique, patented fabric that
is as flexible as you are. It is the only 100% stainless steel product in the world
to gracefully and beautifully adapt to your most challenging 3-D tensile project.
- It is constructed of AISI 316 stainless steel cables and
seamless ferrules to make a resilient metal fabric that forms a diamond pattern
as it is installed. Diamond sizes range from 20mm to 200mm and cable diameters from
1.0mm to 4.0mm to match your design requirements.
- Extremely strong yet transparent, it practically disappears
when installed. It is nonflammable and allows ample light and airflow so it functions
well in parking garages and fire escapes.
- It complies with all state and national building codes.
Its flexible diamond pattern is climb resistant and prevents a secure foothold.
It’s especially appropriate for children’s activity such as museums, schools, and
- Manufactured in an ISO14001 certified facility, XTEND® is
a sustainable building element. It is maintenance-free, corrosion-resistant, requires
no caustic cleaners or coatings, and is fully recyclable. It is particularly well
suited for even the harshest climates.
- X-TEND’s ability to act as a 3-D structural element reduces
the need for traditional building materials while permitting high load capacity
and long spans. The result is a light, scalable, low-mass structure with greatly
reduced material and installation costs.
- Mesh panels and installation hardware arrive ready to install.
Once installed, it requires no adjustment and retains its shape and resiliency indefinitely.
- Specialized design services including tensile engineering,
statics, and 3-D modeling are available.
- Applications for X-TEND® include balustrading, vertical
greening, zoo enclosures, and safety applications. Its unique 3-D characteristics
allow amazing design flexibility. Ask us for more information about this unique